Marking Milestones, Risks, and Highlights in Lead Gantt
Any project will have milestones and risks and there will be certain things that you might want to highlight for your team.
Lead Gantt provides a column MRH (Milestones, Risks, Highlights) that allows you to highlight a certain task that needs attention or mark a task as risk or mark a task a milestone.
The MRH column provides a dropdown list with the following options:
- M - Milestone
- R - Risk
- H - Highlight
- MR - Milestone that is at Risk
- MH - Milestone that is also a Highlight
1. To mark a task as a milestone/risk/highlight, click the arrow icon in the cell, under the MRH column, in the row of the task that you want to mark.
2. Select the required option from the dropdown list.
The task will be marked accordingly.
The screenshot below shows Task 2, in Section 1, marked as a Highlight. The entire row will be highlighted in a light yellow colour.
The screenshot below shows Task 2.1, in Section 2, marked as a Risk. The entire row will be highlighted in a red colour.
The screenshot below shows Task 2.6, in Section 2, marked as a Milestone. Tasks marked as milestones will not be highlighted in any colour.
You can also mark a task as a milestone that is at risk. To do so, select the MR option from the dropdown list.
Tasks marked as milestones at risk will also be highlighted in red colour.
You can also mark a task as a milestone and a highlight. To do so, select the MH option from the dropdown list.
Tasks marked as milestones and highlights will also be highlighted in light yellow colour.
Note: To delete the task markings, select the cells, and press the Delete key.
3. After you have marked the required tasks as milestone/risk/highlight, click the Refresh Gantt button on the sidebar, and scroll to the side to view these in the Gantt Chart.
The numbers in the above screenshot refer to the list numbers below:
1. The red dot indicates that the task has a predecessor and the predecessor is not directly right above the current task.
2. The black dot at the end of the Gantt means that the task is a milestone
3. Any task marked as MH, will have a black dot at the end of the task.
The dots help you to visualize your entire Gantt chart in one glance.