Project Details of Smart Feasibility Calculator
This section explains the Project Details section of the Setup sheet.
The field descriptions of this section are given below:
- Project Name - Name of the project for which you want to calculate the feasibility.
- Description - A brief description of the project.
- Address - The project address.
- Prepared By - The name of the user who prepared the calculations using SFC.
The values that you enter for these fields will also be updated in the header of both the Setup and PDS SFC v5.0 sheets.
- Unit Of Measurement - The unit of measurement used throughout the project.
- Currency Symbol - The symbol of the currency used for transactions in the project. To use a different currency, click Format in the menu and navigate to Number > More Formats > More currencies. Select the required symbol, copy, and paste it in the Currency Symbol. All the calculations in the PDS SFC v5.0 sheet will be displayed in the selected currency.
- Tax Name - The tax type/name applicable to the project. If no tax type is applicable for the project, then select NA from the dropdown.
- Tax Rate - The percentage of tax applicable to the project.
You can select the required tax type and enter the tax rate applicable. The SFC will instantly calculate all the required fields and display them in the PDS SFC v5.0 sheet. If you select NA (Not Applicable) for the Tax Name field, then GST will be omitted from the calculations and the GST Liability section, PDS SFC v5.0 sheet, will be hidden.
- Margin Scheme - Specify if the margin is applicable for the project. Margin Scheme is only applicable in Australia. When selected, it calculates GST only on the capital improved value by deducting the land value from gross sales.
- Land Purchase Price/Acquisition Cost - Cost for which the project land was purchased/acquired.
- Total Saleable Units - Residential - Total number of residential units that are for sale in the project. If there are no residential units in the project, ensure to set the value to zero.
- Total Saleable Units - Commercial - Total number of commercial units that are for sale in the project. If there are no commercial units in the project, ensure to set the value to zero.
Note: If you are developing a purely commercial project, then we recommend you to use the Lead Developer Suite.
- Total Units - Total number of units that are for sale in the project.
- Sensitivity - Total Costs - Price sensitivity of the total cost of the project. For example, if you set the value for this field as 3%, then what would be the effect on the development of the cost went up, by 3% increments.
- Sensitivity - Total Sales - Price sensitivity of the total sales of the project. For example, if you set the value for this field as 5%, then what would be the effect if the sales went up in 5% increments and decrements.
The effect of the values set for Sensitivity - Total Costs and Sensitivity - Total Sales fields are shown in the Sensitivity Analysis section, in the PDS SFC v5.0 sheet. For more information, refer to Sensitivity Analysis.